Volkswagen sent out a newsletter for Christmas time with this image of the future ID.1 hatchback.The image gives away some interesting details:
- It has no B-Pillar
- It has the horizontal Led light band on the back (aka Porsche)
- It has a spoiler
The German magazine Auto Motor and Sport spilled out some rumored specs of this new car:
- It will be shown as prototype in 2020 and be released on market by 20222
- Its not based on the same ID.3 MEB platform as the ID.1 will be too short for it.
- It will use 27 and 34 kWh batteries for an estimated range between 210 and 250 km (130-150 miles)
- Base price will be 20.000 Euro
- There will be a crossover version named ID.2
Well, this might be the perfect city car for the masses!